Check out these Queensland Rail public service announcements. I think they are brilliant. The parodies are good as well. Here are the Queensland Rail “train etiquette 15 behaviours” below the fold.
- Keep your feet on the floor, do not put feet on seats.
- If you are occupying a Priority Seat, vacate the seat for someone who has a disability, is elderly, pregnant or carrying young children.
- Take your rubbish off the train when you disembark.
- Do not consume food or drinks (other than water) on the train.
- When you are waiting to board the train, stand aside to let customers disembark the train first.
- Arrive at the platform at least two minutes prior to the departure time of your train.
- If you are occupying a designated a wheelchair space by sitting or standing in it, or with bags, bicycles or prams, you must vacate the space for a person in a wheelchair.
- Refrain from having loud conversations, talking on mobile phones or listening to loud musical devices when travelling in a quiet carriage, and keep noise to a minimum in all other carriages.
- Allow more customers to board the train during busy periods by moving down the walkway inside the carriage.
- Place your bag on your knee or under the seat, not on the seat, to allow room for others to sit down.
- Ensure the safety of other customers by keeping bags out of walkways and away from train doors at all times.
- If you are occupying a seat next to the walkway, stand to allow customers to pass you when they are disembarking the train, or if they wish to sit in the window seat.
- Do not take bicycles on the train during peak periods.
- Allow other customers to disembark the train before you, do not push or barge.
- Move along the platform and board the first or last carriages on the train to alleviate congestion on the middle carriages.
I think that’s an awesome good list, though “allow other customers to disembark the train before you, do not push or barge” is not logically sound.